powerpc arch is in a sad state

Michael Casadevall mcasadevall at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 28 19:18:05 BST 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Albin Tonnerre<lutin at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 04:32:45PM +0200, Morten Kjeldgaard wrote :
>> With so many packages to fix, it is important to start at the bottom
>> nodes of the dependency graph. A web based tool to visualize the
>> ancestors (and children) of a particular package, along with their build
>> status would be extremely useful. Perhaps we could have a project to
>> create such a tool?
>>
>> Any thoughts on this?

The main issue hasn't been because of general code issues with the
port, the main issues stems from a slight incompatibility with our
buildd software, and the way the powerpc daemons are currently
configured. The issue has been patched around, and a mass give-back
has been done, whch means all the currently failed builds have been
retried on the builders, hopefully bringing the port to much better
shape than its currently in.
Michael