Improving process of MOTU SRU requests that are no change rebuilds

Cody A.W. Somerville cody-somerville at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 28 03:47:29 BST 2009

Hello Folks,

 I'd like to discuss possibly modifying the MOTU SRU process to allow a
wider group of individuals the ability to approve MOTU SRU requests that are
simply no change rebuilds. From my experience on the motu-sru team, I've
made a few observations: ~99.99% of rebuild requests pose minimal levels of
risk; if a MOTU requests a rebuild he or she is usually involved in
maintaining the package in question; and frequently the reason the rebuild
is necessary is because of another SRU or security update (ex.
xulrunner-1.9).

 So in the spirit of making life easier for everyone, I'd like to propose
allowing all MOTUs the ability to approve SRU requests that are no change
rebuilds. Optionally, we could also require that the MOTU approving must not
be the MOTU requesting.

 Thoughts, Feedback?

Cheers,

--