w3.org considers wdg-html-validator 1.6.2-6 to be abusive

Andrea Gasparini gaspa at yattaweb.it
Thu Jul 16 10:11:11 BST 2009

Chow Loong Jin spiffera, Wednesday 15 July 2009 circa:
> File a bug against wdg-html-validator[1] then

already done, there's this bug since some time:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/w3c-dtd-xhtml/+bug/390604

I never had the time to study in deep xmlcatalog to have a clear thought
about was the right way to resolve, even if it's on my todolist from almost
a month.

> . It should probably use
> the DTD files from the w3c-dtd-xhtml package rather than requesting it
> from http://www.w3.org. And even if it did, it should cache the request
> for bulk validations.

No, this stuff must be transparent.
A lot of packages really use w3m.org links to specify DTD and it should
work offline as well. Take a look at:

bye.
--
-gaspa-