Seeking sponsor queue admin (UTC-2 - UTC-8)

Emmet Hikory emmet.hikory at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 06:18:53 BST 2009

Luke Yelavich wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 05:23:20AM EST, Nathan Handler wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Luca Falavigna<dktrkranz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> > I decided to resign from motu-release and ubuntu-universe-sponsors queue
>> > administrator teams due to time constraints. These two roles require
>> > much attention than the one I can give to them right now.
>>
>> You did a great job in both of those jobs Luca. Although I am sad to
>> see you resign,
>> I understand your reason. Thanks a lot for all of the time you have devoted to
>> motu-release and to ubuntu-universe-sponsors.
>>
>> > If you want to contribute, please nominate yourself as per
>> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Teams/KeyTeamPolicy
>>
>> Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the KeyTeamPolicy in this
>> case, only applies to the vacant motu-release position. The vacant administrator
>> slot for ubuntu-universe-sponsors does not apply. I would assume that
>> it would be
>> up to Emmet Hikory and Luke Yelavich to decide if they want to fill the vacancy,
>> and if so, how to go about doing it.
>
> I think we do need someone else, particularly to cover the europe/early US timezones, as Emmet and my self are somewhat similar in our timezones. I currently don't have any ideas as to how we could elect someone else, but Emmet may be able to chime in here.

    I'd be very happy to see someone volunteer to help with
sponsors-queue-admin from a sufficiently different timezone.  I think
Luke and I are both likely to stay up late enough to cover Europe as
well, but we have a hard time covering the Americas, and if someone
from that region would be willing to volunteer, I think we'd have
better coverage.

    I do think the Key Teams policy applies, so that interested
parties are nominated, and if not rejected within the review
timeframe, are accepted.

    Nominations welcome :)

--
Emmet