FreeNX complete suite uploaded.

Marcelo Boveto Shima marceloshima at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 15:09:28 GMT 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Kjeldgaard Morten <mok at bioxray.au.dk>wrote:

> On 24/01/2009, at 05.44, Marcelo Boveto Shima wrote:
>
>  I have been maintainining the FreeNX complete suite for at least 2 years
>> and now I uploaded it to revu.
>>

> I've reviewed this package when it was uploaded under the name "nx" and
> before it was split.

Yes.

> In the comments, I asked you to clarify what version of nx it is you've
> uploaded. It was not at all clear to me, since the source tree contains lots
> of material with reference to Nomachines.

I'm uploading the core components that are open source under gpl license.
You can see the at http://www.nomachine.com/sources.php

> Those comments are no longer accessable because the original package has
> been archived. Since you are now advertising your re-packaging on the
> mailing list, you might as well explain it here.

Actually you can still see them at
http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/details.py?package=nx.
 1 - libxcompext has been uploaded
 2 - Moved debian/changelog to debian/changelog.old and created a new one,
but there are some packages from medibuntu or other
      that keeps the original changelog. Forgot to add comments about the
patches on the changelog.
 3 - Clarified the descriptions. Tell me if is enough
 4 - Clarified a bit, but only freenx developers will execute nxagent. It
needs to be synchronized with nxproxy to be useful.
 5 - watch file added.

> In the interest of making a clear distinction -- if there is one -- may I
> suggest that you name the packages "freenx-*" instead of "nx-*"?

freenx-* are the components from the FreeNX server and nx-* are the core
components.

> Thank you,
> Morten
>
> --