Getting started wiki page (was: Hello there)

Siegfried-Angel siggi.gevatter at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 12:46:09 GMT 2009

Wow, nice. Some comments from having a quick look at it:

 - It'd add a statement saying that changes on LP staging will be lost
(people may do something useful and the get annoyed that it got
deleted).

 - I don't think that the translation exercise is a good idea. There
are several language teams (like, for example, the Catalan one) who
have a workflow other than just "go to LP and translate" (in our case,
read an introduction on how to translate stuff -how to structure
sentences, which terminology to use, etc-, subscribe a ML, announce
there what you're working one and finally send the .po there for
review; suggestions from Launchpad are ignored in most cases, and they
are generally also of poor quality because those who wrote them didn't
read the guidelines).

Ubuntu Developer. Debian Contributor.