New LP-liason MOTU Leaders

Emmet Hikory persia at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 3 14:25:46 GMT 2009

Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:
>> Due to lack of time, Reinhard Tartler (siretart) has chosen to resign
>> as the MOTU Launchpad Liason.  William Grant (wgrant) and Morten
>> Kjeldgaard (mok0) have stepped forward and will share these duties.
<<...>>

Scott Kitterman wrote:
> I appreciate the two of you stepping up to do this important task.
<...>

> However good this list may be, it has no legitimate basis to be considered
> a "MOTU" input.
>
> Part of our process for role transfer includes a chance for community
> review of such delegations.  Until this has happened (I guess we now have
> that chance), I don't see any legitimacy to speak on our behalf.

    While I agree that the list of priorities does not include the
expected input to be truly considered to represent MOTU priorities, I
very much disagree that the process for role transfer is in any way related.

    More specifically, while we have a fairly detailed process by which
people join or leave some of our delegated teams (motu-sru,
motu-release), we have not historically used this process for transfer
of MOTU Leaders, including transfers since the adoption of this process
for the delegated roles.

    So, if there is a desire to have this process affect the singleton
MOTU Leaders as well as the delegated teams, this change should be
raised for review and discussion separately from the criticism of our
new LP liaisons' prioritisation choices.

--
Emmet HIKORY