New LP-liason MOTU Leaders

Morten Kjeldgaard mok at bioxray.au.dk
Tue Feb 3 11:34:05 GMT 2009

On 03/02/2009, at 01.02, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> Now that I've read the input, I find that in many significant
> respects it
> does not reflect my interests as a MOTU.  As an example, "Do an
> emergent
> "heat" on PPA's, which would quietly factor in downloads, subscribers,
> karma of uploaders etc." is listed as #3.  I'm fairly certain as a
> MOTU I
> really don't care.  Another example is "Soyuz instant messenger buddy
> (XMPP). For notifications of important events like build failures.
> Probably not limited to Soyuz."  I know I don't need that.  Email
> works
> great for this stuff.

Just for the record:

I am fairly sure it is a typo that the PPA heat got priority "3"; that
placement is indeed occupied by another item, namely "Package sets".
As I recall it's position was near the bottom. We included it for a
good reason.

Wrt. the XMPP notification, it is yet-another-notification-method that
we judged might be attractive to some. If people prefer email
notification, that is of course still available. However, we were told
that only the first 10 priorities matter, so its placement near the
bottom of the list is without consequences.

Cheers,
Morten