New LP-liason MOTU Leaders

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort pochu at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 3 10:07:40 GMT 2009

Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu at ubuntu.com> writes:
>
>> Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:
>>> Your concern is completely legitimate.
>> I'm with Scott here. There should have been a call for volunteers as
>> in the past.
>
> Do you volunteer for this job? Please join #lp-liason in that case.

I don't. That doesn't mean other MOTUs shouldn't have the oportunity to step up.
I would have expected a mail *before* the take over, as Jordan did when he
stepped down.

That doesn't mean I'm against Morten or William taking over you in the role. *At
all*. So don't take this as a personal attack.

I'd be similarly disappointed if a member of the SRU or Release team stepped
down and designated a successor for the position without giving the opportunity
to others.

That said, I'm fine with William and Morten having that role. I just wished it
had been done in the mailing list as we usually do for such things.

Best regards,
Emilio