New LP-liason MOTU Leaders

Morten Kjeldgaard mok at bioxray.au.dk
Mon Feb 2 22:21:37 GMT 2009

On 02/02/2009, at 22.15, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> However good this list may be, it has no legitimate basis to be
> considered
> a "MOTU" input.
>
> Part of our process for role transfer includes a chance for community
> review of such delegations.  Until this has happened (I guess we now
> have
> that chance), I don't see any legitimacy to speak on our behalf.
>
> Alternatively, this list could have been based on input from the
> community.
> That didn't happen either.
>
> I'd like to ask you to withdraw this subission and instead give the
> community a chance for input.

Your concern is completely legitimate.

However, it was short notice, and wgrant and myself decided that we
would try to represent the interest of the MOTUs as well as we could.
We took this chance because none of the items on the list seemed
really controversial.

The items we chose to prioritize have to do with making our life as
MOTUs easier, such as getting more efficient buildds, a user-interface
for doing rebuilds easily, etc.

Please take a look at the list. if anyone has any serious objections
to our choices, please give us feedback and we'll see if we can get
changes accepted. (Since there are N! ways of arranging N items, you
should probably try to make your comments general in nature.)

I hope this procedure will be acceptable to everyone.

Cheers,
Morten