ltsp-cluster-pxeconfig has issues

Douglas Marsh dx9s at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 24 17:19:22 GMT 2009

Ubuntu MOTU Developers <ubuntu-motu at lists.ubuntu.com>
Jonathan Carter <jonathan at ubuntu.com>

To WHOM it may concern.. a grave problem with this package (I did not do ANY tinkering, just basic add/removes) as it doesn't want to remove!

I can't figure out HOW to remove it!? (aside from a system reinstall) can't force a reinstall then remove or any of the common tricks. I can brute force remove files and try to purge the apt database, but a reinstall would be safer.

I am guessing others will have this problem (as I didn't do anything other than standard repository adds/removes).

--Doug

# apt-get remove ltsp-cluster-pxeconfig
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  ltsp-cluster-pxeconfig
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 115kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
(Reading database ... 120710 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing ltsp-cluster-pxeconfig ...
 * Stopping ltsp-cluster-pxeconfig...
start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 5161: No such process
invoke-rc.d: initscript ltsp-cluster-pxeconfig, action "stop" failed.
dpkg: error processing ltsp-cluster-pxeconfig (--remove):
 subprocess installed pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
update-rc.d: warning: ltsp-cluster-pxeconfig stop runlevel arguments (0 1 6) do not match LSB Default-Stop values (1)
 * Starting ltsp-cluster-pxeconfig...           [ OK ]
 ltsp-cluster-pxeconfig