new flash 10 has broken dependencies

Dmitry Baryshev ksquirrel.iv at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 18:09:04 BST 2009

2009/8/24 Michael Bienia <michael at bienia.de>:
> On 2009-08-24 18:58:40 +0300, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
>> 2009/8/24 Dmitry Baryshev <ksquirrel.iv at gmail.com>:
>> >
>> > $ dpkg -l | grep adobe
>> > ii  adobe-flashplugin                    10.0.22.87-1
>> > Adobe Flash Player plugin version 10
>> >
>> > --
>> > Regards, Krasu.
>> >

>> Hmm..... it seems like this package is from Canonical Partner
>> Repository. Unfortunatly Ubuntu Community does not provide help nor
>> support for it. Nonetheless there are a few things I, personally, can
>> suggest you.

Ah, sorry. I had not the newest version installed on my own system
(but installed on another), now I've installed it:

$ dpkg -l | grep adobe
ii  adobe-flashplugin                    10.0.32.18-1
Adobe Flash Player plugin version 10

Dependencies:

$ LC_ALL=C apt-cache depends adobe-flashplugin | grep dev
  Depends: libnspr4-dev
  Depends: libnss3-dev

> I assume the above mentioned version was directly installed from the
> Adobe website (http://get.adobe.com/de/flashplayer/) and not from the
> partner repository.

Yes, I did say that this deb package was downloaded from adobe.com, and it has

Maintainer: Ubuntu MOTU Developers <ubuntu-motu at lists.ubuntu.com>

in debian/control file.

I don't think that this is a joke from Adobe, but this package was
really packaged by Ubuntu guys, otherwise it would'nt have
"ubuntu-motu at lists.ubuntu.com" in control file, eh? ;) So I decided to
write directly to maintainers to talk about broken dependencies.

P.S. I'm Debian user, not Ubuntu.

--
Regards, Krasu.