new flash 10 has broken dependencies

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 20:37:01 BST 2009

2009/8/24 Dmitry Baryshev <ksquirrel.iv at gmail.com>:
> 2009/8/24 Michael Bienia <michael at bienia.de>:

>>> Hmm..... it seems like this package is from Canonical Partner
>>> Repository. Unfortunatly Ubuntu Community does not provide help nor
>>> support for it. Nonetheless there are a few things I, personally, can
>>> suggest you.
>
> Ah, sorry. I had not the newest version installed on my own system
> (but installed on another), now I've installed it:
>
> $ dpkg -l | grep adobe
> ii  adobe-flashplugin                    10.0.32.18-1
> Adobe Flash Player plugin version 10
>
> Dependencies:
>
> $ LC_ALL=C apt-cache depends adobe-flashplugin | grep dev
>  Depends: libnspr4-dev
>  Depends: libnss3-dev
>
>> I assume the above mentioned version was directly installed from the
>> Adobe website (http://get.adobe.com/de/flashplayer/) and not from the
>> partner repository.
>
> Yes, I did say that this deb package was downloaded from adobe.com, and it has

Sorry I missed that =) just the MOTU bit.

> Maintainer: Ubuntu MOTU Developers <ubuntu-motu at lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> in debian/control file.

/me makes poker face

I call bluff..... =) or in other words I believe it shouldn't say they.

> I don't think that this is a joke from Adobe, but this package was
> really packaged by Ubuntu guys, otherwise it would'nt have
> "ubuntu-motu at lists.ubuntu.com" in control file, eh? ;) So I decided to
> write directly to maintainers to talk about broken dependencies.

Seriously I don't know who packaged it but there is package page for
it on launchpad with loads of bug reports..... =)

> P.S. I'm Debian user, not Ubuntu.

Lolz =) I thought you were an Ubuntu beginner. Anyhow I'm seriously
clueless now but I've googled around and I've seen in a few places
people saying that it doesn't work on Debian....

I don't run Debian =) only chroots to build packges for Debian before
uploading ;-)

> --
> Regards, Krasu.

Anyhow I quit this issue =)