FFe request for audacity

Stefan Potyra stefan.potyra at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Aug 21 14:50:03 BST 2009

Hi,

Am Friday 21 August 2009 15:17:54 schrieb Benjamin Drung:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to have a general feature freeze exception for audacity for
> karmic. The odd 1.3.* releases of audacity are beta releases. Since
> hardy Ubuntu is using the 1.3 series. Upstream focuses now a stable
> release (1.4 or 2.0). They are polishing audacity and fixing many bugs
> and they try to not introduce new features.
>
> According to their mailing list they have following release time line:
>
> * 1.3.9 - Aug 25
> * 1.3.10 - Sep 25
> * rc - Oct 7
> * release - Oct 15
>
> If they need more time, they will probably release a 1.3.11 on Oct 15
> and the final release after karmic.
>
> I would like to see the latest release of audacity in Ubuntu 9.10.

I assume, upstream are aware of karmic's release schedule[1]? That'd be good,
and I'm personally in favor of having upstream supported versions in the
release.

Release happening at Oct 15 might be a bit short of time, due to Ubuntu's
FinalFreeze starting there. Bugfixes (and I assume rc -> release would mean
bug fixes only) could still go in though.

That said, I'm also raising this on ubuntu-studio-devel (CC'd) for further
input.

Cheers,
    Stefan.
--