PPU Question

Nathan Handler nhandler at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 19 18:21:09 BST 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Charlie Smotherman <cjsmo at cableone.net> wrote:
> I am unable to find additional information/documentation to point three
> of the above mentioned wiki page.

Point three means that Per-package Uploaders are members of [1] on
Launchpad. When we hold a poll that affects developers [2], we open it
up to all members of the ubuntu-dev team. As a result, Per-package
Uploaders are able to participate in these polls. Also, since
ubuntu-dev is part of the ubuntumembers team [3], Per-package
Uploaders gain all of the privileges that go along with being an
ubuntu Member [4]. The decision to make Per-package Uploaders members
of ubuntu-dev was discussed on the mailing list [5] before being
implemented.

> Specifically what is the definition of "Ubuntu Developers" and how does
> it relate to the above mentioned point?

In this context, it simply means that they are part of the ubuntu-dev
team on Launchpad, and thus allows them to participate in polls of the
developers.

I hope this helps,
Nathan

[1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-dev