Archive frozen for preparation of Ubuntu 9.04

Stefan Potyra stefan.potyra at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Apr 9 14:06:52 BST 2009

Hi Iain,

Am Thursday 09 April 2009 12:33:04 schrieb Iain Lane:
> On 9 Apr 2009, at 08:39, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Uploads to universe should again follow the guidelines described here:
> >
> >  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2008-April/025259.html

first off the delegates changed a little bit for jaunty, see

<https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2009-February/000533.html>

for the current list.

Being in FinalFreeze, the archive is now frozen, so any upload will need to be
shoved through the queue by an archive admin, warranting a FreezeException
to be granted.

> Can motu-release clarify the processes in place for freeze exceptions
> that are in force now? I see the old policy at [0] that was in force
> for Intrepid. Do you plan on doing this again?

hm... for Intrepid, that worked out pretty well imho, so yes.
Scott, Luca, Nathan, Iulian any objections?

> The above mail also
> seems to imply that only 1 +1 is needed from a -release member for
> bugfix uploads after the (possibly eventual) freeze. Is this right?

Correct.

anything still unclear?

Cheers,
     Stefan.