Jaunty pre-freeze Freeze Exception Request: monodevelop

Morten Kjeldgaard mok at bioxray.au.dk
Thu Nov 20 11:42:13 GMT 2008

On 19/11/2008, at 17.18, Jo Shields wrote:

> If not, then I feel the best plan is to leave the current (1.0)
> version
> of the package in place.

Mono is evil software and is a mere trojan carrying a patent bomb from
Microsoft waiting to explode. Imagine a situation where hundreds of
essential packages based on Mono exists in Ubuntu, Office apps,
Internet apps, etc. and Microsoft decides to pull their often
advertised patent stunt. End of Ubuntu.

The harm has already been done by letting monodevelop into the
distribution. Although I would advocate a removal, the next-best thing
is to leave monodevelop at version 1.0

Sorry Jo...

Cheers,
Morten

--
Morten Kjeldgaard
mok0 at ubuntu.com
Key fingerprint = FC53 53B2 81D1 27CA 45D5  F864 078C F31B 4048 25E7