linsmith (is at version 0.99.7 in Intrepid)

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 6 06:16:08 GMT 2008

John Coppens wrote:
> Thanks for the work on including linSmith (of which I'm the author) in the
> Ubuntu repository.
>
> I'm afraid that things are getting behind though. On Debian, version
> 0.99.7 is out, and on the original site (sourceforge) version 0.99.11 has
> been available for more than a month now.
>
> Ubuntu's version is still 0.99.3 which has a quite important bug.

The current release of Ubuntu (Intrepid, 8.10) includes linsmith 0.99.7
(the binary package name for x86 is linsmith_0.99.7-1_i386.deb ).  What
makes you think it still includes 0.99.3 ?  Where are you getting that
information from?  In particular, what does

  apt-cache show linsmith | grep Version:

output on your Ubuntu machine?  And (just to check you are running the
current Ubuntu release) what does:

  cat /etc/lsb-release

show?

Thanks,