REVU - Cleanup of the "Needs Review" section

Michael Casadevall sonicmctails at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 23:22:01 GMT 2008

Talking on IRC, I think a good comprise is limiting direct uploads to
REVU to those with Ubuntu Universe Contributor. The reasoning behind
this is that someone who has UUC is more likely to stick around, and
know who to ask to help get sponsors and the packaging is less likely
to require hand holding.

Currently, the REVU login proces just grabs the key of the user who
logins from Launchpad, but we can modify that so it checks the group,
and only installs the GPG keys if the user is UUC or greater. As some
people know, we have a PPA importer on REVU, so I suggest for non-UUC
who wish to build packages, we limit them to importing, and it will
only import if the build has been successful so at least there is a
know good start to packaging.
Michael