REVU - Cleanup of the "Needs Review" section

Joe Smith yasumoto7 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 22:08:26 GMT 2008

I think that as much as possible, we need to try to get packages into
Debian. Not only are we contributing back into their repositories, but as
James said, we make our lives much easier. I believe there are many in the
Ubuntu community that feel more comfortable setting up packages for
inclusion in Ubuntu as opposed to Debian, but that may be because they just
aren't really aware of the Debian process.

In terms of the packages we currently have in REVU, maybe a comment asking
"Are you still around to maintain this package?" or "Would this still be a
valuable contribution to the community?" would help sort things out. There
may be a package from months ago that would greatly benefit the community,
and one that is a week old may only be used by one user. We need something
to help whittle down the number of packages in REVU, but I don't think time
would be the best way.

Joe Smith
Student Network Technician
Chapman University IS&T

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 11:46 AM, James Westby
<jw+debian at jameswestby.net<jw%2Bdebian at jameswestby.net>