REVU - Cleanup of the "Needs Review" section

Sarah Hobbs hobbsee at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 2 01:51:51 GMT 2008

Caroline Ford wrote:
> As someone with a package in REVU which no-one has ever looked why
> would I make a new package for jaunty? My package is at least one
> release cycle old and there's no guarantee anyone would look at it
> this time round.

And I think this is exactly why we need to look at where we're pushing
new contributors to help.  Pushing new packages into Ubuntu doesn't seem
to make sense on multiple levels (difficulty of getting reviews, very
high barrier to entry, and no commitment to having to maintain it after
it gets put in, etc), so I personally think we'd do better if we
encouraged people to submit patches, etc, to existing packages instead.

Hobbsee