REVU - Cleanup of the "Needs Review" section

Caroline Ford at
Sun Nov 2 00:18:21 GMT 2008

2008/11/2 Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at>:
> On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 00:57:06 +0100 "Siegfried Gevatter (RainCT)"
> <rainct at> wrote:
>>I'm pondering on running a script to move all those which don't have
>>"jaunty" in debian/copyright to the "Needs work" section, leaving a
>>comment asking to change it to "jaunty", check the standards version
>>and some general recommendations (or perhaps just a link to a new wiki
>>page), so that we get ride of all those packages whose author isn't
>>coming back or which still need work anyway.
> I say do it.  I'd archive anything older than (at a guess) 4 months.  it's easy enough to get
> them back if someone is still interested.
> Scott K
> Scott K

As someone with a package in REVU which no-one has ever looked why
would I make a new package for jaunty? My package is at least one
release cycle old and there's no guarantee anyone would look at it
this time round.