contributions

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Mon May 19 07:23:06 BST 2008

Moins,

On Sun, 18 May 2008 20:22:25 +0200
Reinhard Tartler <siretart at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Stephan Hermann <sh at sourcecode.de> writes:
>
> > Why not moving away from this LP thingy for merges?
> > We could use something like the RT for those "tasks"?
>
> Do you think about rt.canonical.com?

Definitly not...

> Or shall we setup another RT
> instance? What features do RT offer over malone? AFAIUI you would
> need a RT account in addition to your LP account.

RT is not a bug tracker, but a ticket/task tracker...so a different
tool...therefore it's able to priotize some tasks, e.g. when people are
doing merges, where some build-deps are not merged/synced/looked over
already.

> And most importantely, who is going to maintain that rt instance?

Whoever sets it up.

Again, I don't advise of doing so in general. But having the QA war
going on, and Ubuntu/Canonical QA don't like the idea of having
workflow bugs inside LP but we need to have those in some sort of
way...I wonder what's the "right" solution here?

Really, I wish we could agree on a good solution for everyone,
especially to decrease the starting barrier for new contributors...

\sh