contributions

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Wed May 14 07:31:27 BST 2008

On Wed, 14 May 2008 08:23:46 +0200 Daniel Holbach
<daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com> wrote:

>Morten Kjeldgaard schrieb:
>> It _should_ be possible to write a simple CLI tool that would submit
>> an email merge request to new at bugs.launchpad.net given a package name
>> and -version. The script could fill in the necessary fields, assign
>> the bug to the submitter, gpg-sign the message, etc.
>
>Also should it be possible to make use of python-launchpad-bugs (for
>those who don't have a local mail server set up) - small snippet from
>/usr/bin/requestsync:
>
>    Bug = launchpadbugs.connector.ConnectBug()
>    Bug.authentication = cookiefile
>    bug = Bug.New(product = product, summary = bugtitle, description =
>bugtext)
>    bug.importance = 'Wishlist'
>    bug.status = status
>    bug.subscriptions.add(subscribe)
>    bug.commit()

According to Henrik, the workflow bugs shouldn't exist anyway (bugsquad list) and any attempt
to help bugsquad understand how to use them gets removed from the wiki unilaterally.  I don't
think we should invest time in this unless there is some agreement from
bugsquad not to mess with it.

Scott K