motu-release

Sarah Hobbs hobbsee at ubuntu.com
Sun Jun 29 05:10:45 BST 2008

Cesare Tirabassi wrote:
>> I do think it's reasonable to consider the source of recommendations and
>> accept advice from experts.
>
> It is indeed in principle, but on the specifics depends very much on the
> grounds against which the advice is given. For instance an advice like "yes,
> we miss this application" is not, in my view, to be considered as a sound
> advise for the purpose of granting an exception.

Any one of these "experts" would know not to give that sort of answer
for a FFe - these are skilled people, who know how the process works,
and tend to have a pretty good idea of the reasons for, and risks
involved of updating a package after a freeze.

If they did give such an incorrect answer, for the purposes of a FFe, I
doubt they would be asked to give advice on a freeze exception again.

I also don't think we've had this problem before, and honestly don't
think we need to worry about it.  People only get the "expert" status
when they've shown that they know how all the processes work, and
exercise good judgment.

Hobbsee