Debian Import Freeze

Stefan Potyra sistpoty at ubuntu.com
Sat Jun 28 20:32:09 BST 2008

Hi folks,

as you might have noticed, we're in Debian Import Freeze (DIF) right now.

What does that mean?
First off all, quite simply, that automatic syncs of unmodified ubuntu
packages from unstable are turned off.

However it also means, that we'll need to look a bit ahead towards stabilizing
universe, as the first alpha releases are upcoming (alpha1 is already out).
This means, that more and more people will be using intrepid, and hence apart
from the still ongoing tasks of

- get packages merged
- clear the sponsors queue
- review packages on REVU

we now should also look forward to
- clear unmet dependencies
- check the archive for FTBFS
- bring critical fixes from unstable in
- fix bugs

Also, since autosyncs are turned off, the only way to get a new version from
unstable in is to file a sync request. However please don't overuse this
feature just because there is a new unstable version, but rather take a look
if there are really changes worth to be picked up.

Thanks,
   Stefan.