Packaging JBoss AS for Debian/Ubuntu

Florian Grandel jerico.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 21:16:09 BST 2008

Hi Ubuntu MOTUs,

I am currently helping out in packaging JBoss AS for Debian. It's a
first time experience for me so please do not expect me to know the
Debian and/or Ubuntu processes very well.

1) Who can I talk to at Ubuntu to coordinate packaging with the Ubuntu
developer team or to get sponsorship from Ubuntu? How can I make sure
that there is no duplication of efforts at Ubuntu? Is there a Java
mailing list or a Java developers group for Ubuntu?

2) What do I have to do to make sure that the package can be admitted to
Ubuntu universe once it has been released to Debian contrib? (It
certainly is our goal to replace all non-free dependencies but this is
work-in-progress.)

Please reply to my original adress in CC as I am not (yet) a member of
the ubuntu-motu mailing list.

Florian