merges free for all?

Emmet Hikory persia at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 18 12:50:58 BST 2008

Stefan Potyra wrote:
> we're getting closer and closer to DebianImportFreeze, which is scheduled next
> week[1], and we still have a big number of oustanding merges.
>
> Hence I'd like to propose that everyone works towards getting merges done,
> regardless who did the last merge/upload. Of course checking bugs in LP
> (there are some debdiffs waiting in the sponsors-queue) should always been
> done first.
>
> What do you think?

    That certainly sounds good to me.  With only two weeks remaining,
there's a fair bit to be merged.  In addition to checking bugs in LP,
it may also be worth checking bugs in the BTS for greater context for
some of the changes to be merged: while a sync remains a goal to
reduce work, it's not worth missing testing integration just because
someone said "I'll get to that soon".

--
Emmet HIKORY