Time Consuming Jobs

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Tue Jul 29 18:03:39 BST 2008

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:35:13 +0200 Stephan Hermann <sh at sourcecode.de> wrote:
>My fellow MOTUs,
>

>as you all know and feel, I was a bit silent regarding packaging and
>uploading for intrepid. The reasons for this:
>
>1. A lot of time consuming private life (yes, that's prio one)
>2. A lot of time consuming real life work
>3. A lot of work managaging and doing work on Project Leonov.
>
>Because of this, I'm a bit silent regarding my uploads and packaging
>duties for the universe area of Ubuntu, that means not in the top ten
>of the uploaders this cycle ;)
>
>For those mentioned reasons I come to the conclusion, that I should
>step down from one position I have:
>
>* MOTU-SRU
>
>Right now, regarding my other duties, I'm more a non-productive part of
>the team, therefore I would like to give this position to someone else
>with more time.

One of my frustrations with it was that it appeared to me that the process has devolved to the
point that anyone subscribes motu-sru to a bug and motu-sru sorts it out.  I couldn't keep up
well enough to have very many useful opinions.

I'd suggest we (with Main, I suspect this problem is global) move to a
process where it's someone with an intent to fix the problem (may or may
not be a developer) brings *-sru into the picture.  That'd bring the
workload down to a more manaeable level.

Scott K