Good communication with upstream is good idea

Neil Williams codehelp at debian.org
Sun Jul 20 18:33:35 BST 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 12:16 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Sunday 20 July 2008 12:05, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > * Osamu Aoki:
> > > I found some of my packages are offered as a part of Ubuntu archive.
> >
> > Same here.  In my case (debsecan), it's a bit irresponsible because the
> > package doesn't really work on Ubuntu--but it's not readily apparent to
> > potential users.  Furthermore, it uses server resources provided to
> > Debian, and not to Ubuntu.
> >
> > What's the correct way to get it out of Unbuntu (universe)?  I don't
> > want to relicense it, but if asking politely does not work, it seems to
> > be my only choice.
>
> The preferred way of 'asking politely' is a removal bug.  The process is
> described here:

Which cannot be done without
yet-another-website-login-combo-to-use-once-and-lose-forevermore -
useless Ubuntu bug tracker. :-(

I do feed info upstream (via yet more website logins), I really can't
add yet another one.

That was the main point of my original blog entry linked from the
just daft, IMHO, but that's what LP requires. As I say, daft.

--

Neil Williams