Looking for maintainer of ruby1.9 / rubygems1.9 packages

David Portwood dzp at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 22 16:28:52 BST 2008

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libgems-ruby/+bug/145267
Is the main issue with gems, I see you've been very active with that
discussion so not going to mention that again.

It seems you are aware of the problems with gems+ruby in debian and
downstream syncs.  The reason we're pushing for this isnt to be abrasive
towrads how its pakcaged now, we're really trying to get this rails app
stack in the next ubuntu release, and the main hurdle for this is how
debian handles system installed gems, packages, v. someone installing
gems via gems.
Thanks for dropping us a line!