universe-contributors

David Futcher bobbocanfly at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 8 09:01:29 BST 2008

2008/7/8 Nicolas Valcarcel <nvalcarcel at ubuntu-pe.org>:

> On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 8:05 AM, Stefan Potyra <sistpoty at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > b) to actually hand out additional privileges, ranging from being able to
> > triage bugs to being able to upload a set of packages (as soon as LP can
> do
> > this). IIRC there were some good ideas back during the initial discussion
> > about universe-contributors, might eventually make sense to revisit
> these.
>
> And open a "galaxy" repository, and change u-u-c to Masters of the
> Galaxy or something like that?

But then you would have the problem of deciding which packages go into
'Galaxy'. If it is just a select group of packages then it is unlikely you
will be able to cater for every u-u-c (KDE people probably wont want to
touch too many gnome packages and vice versa).

I agree that u-u-c's should get more priveleges than plain Ubuntu members as
from what I can see from IRC logs/mailing list archives, it is much easier
to get plain membership than u-u-c status.