Statement from the MOTU Council about Marco Rodrigues

João Luís Marques Pinto joao.luis.marques.pinto at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 14:16:54 GMT 2008

Hello,
> Just for the record, I appreciate that he has been banned.

It is very sad one some gets banned, presumably for the lack of
quality/patient on his effort to collaborate.
It is very sad that someone cares to "record" it, without presenting
anything positive about such record.
It is very sad when other people translate a council advice "ask Marco
Rodrigues to refrain" into a "ban him everywhere", certainly we are getting
back some centuries on the "social being" conscience.

> This would lead to the question, what effect a council decision has, if
there are no means to enforce it.
You could propose some methods [1] to the Council, they may be compatible on
your interpretation of the Council's decision.

I just hope collaboration groups do not turn into "gangs" and that the
pressure of the numbers does not change the ethic on the methods.

Ubuntu is "Linux for human beings".

Best regards,

[1] - http://www.religioustolerance.org/wic_burn.htm