Is this possible

Mario Limonciello superm1 at ubuntu.com
Sat Jan 19 08:38:15 GMT 2008

Emmet Hikory wrote:
> On Jan 19, 2008 4:58 PM, Charliej wrote:
>

>     While it is theoretically possible, nobody has yet succeeded in
> doing so, and the process of demonstrating sufficient techinical
> skills and integration with the community typically takes far longer.
>
>     Separately, what obstacles to you find when working on a single
> package that you believe would not exist if you were to join MOTU?
> Ideally, there should be sufficient processes in place to allow you to
> effectively support a package as a contributor, and any problems
> encountered likely need to be addressed, whether to support your
> maintenance of the package before joining MOTU, or to support your
> maintenance external to MOTU.

I can say this is how my interest in MOTU started as well.  I was
interested in maintaining the mythtv packages, and quickly realized how
much other stuff related to it was broken.  Most of my MOTU related work
now sits in the media stack, with apps that will affect a myth based box
and media apps (including those that aren't necessarily used on a myth box).

--
Mario Limonciello
superm1 at ubuntu.com