bug on hardy: nozomi-source

Hirosh Dabui hirosh at dabui.de
Sat Jan 19 00:43:04 GMT 2008

Hello,

i updated today to your hardy distro and my needed nozomi source was not
working
anymore for the hardy kernel:

hd at ibm:~$ uname -a
Linux ibm 2.6.24-4-generic #1 SMP Mon Jan 14 17:30:39 UTC 2008 i686
GNU/Linux

I wanted to compile the package, but it was not possible. So i started
to grep
in the linux source code and i found a solution:
The nozomi.c was not compiling, coz I have to change the following lines
in nomozi.c:

1356c1356
<     if ( (rval = request_irq( pdev->irq, &interrupt_handler, SA_SHIRQ,
NOZOMI_NAME, pdev )) ) {
---

> >     if ( (rval = request_irq( pdev->irq, &interrupt_handler,

IRQF_SHARED, NOZOMI_NAME, pdev )) ) {

But i have to force the nozomi module by:

modprobe -f nozomi

That works for me

cheers,

Hirosh