Do we have a Mozilla packaging policy?

Jordan Mantha mantha at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 18 17:24:41 GMT 2008

Hi all,

There was a bit of discussion today in #ubuntu-motu about naming of
iceweasel-related packages. For addon/plugin packages we have mozilla-*
and mozilla-firefox-* (I don't think we have any iceweasel-* left but
that we have in the past). There is also some differences in how people
apply the iceweasel->firefox translation (same for the other ice*). Is
there any written policy (like a wiki page) that describes a Mozilla
Packaging Policy? Is one needed? Most of the problems/confusion I've
seen is for packages in Universe that build plugins and aren't cared for
by the Mozilla Team. Perhaps even a MOTU School session on Mozilla
packaging would be helpful.

Thanks.

-Jordan