Naming problem for the "Falcon Programming Language" in Ubuntu.

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 14 13:39:50 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 10:15:41PM +0900, Emmet Hikory wrote:
> I don't have a strong opinion about which is the right falcon, but
> such a Conflicts: would be wrong.  Section 10.1 of the Debian Policy
> Manual (1) clearly states, in part:

I think this process makes sense.

IMO, the programming language should allowed to be /usr/bin/falcon.
Changing the name of the interpreter will mean that any program that is
supposed to be interpreted by falcon will need to be patched. OTOH,
renaming the binary in Dennis' repository management thing has very
limited consequences.

--
Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Server Team