Please think before you send bugs to Debian

John Dong jdong at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 7 03:54:34 GMT 2008

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 10:34:39PM -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Please think before you send bugs to Debian.  It's great for inter-distro
> relations when we can send them good fixes that make life easier for Debian.
> Stuff like this doesn't help and all and reinforces negative stereotypes that
> are all to common in Debian.

This is a great reminder, and I think one that should go out to a broader medium
that reaches more potential contributors.

> P.S. Imagine how much fun we're going to have with this kind of thing once
> Launchpad implements one click bug forwarding to Debian.

I hope that's a button that is restricted to MOTU or some other prequalified
group, not clickable by any random person?

I know that, for example, Backports nominations can be done by anyone and I go
through plenty of badly marked Backports bug reports :)

John