MOTU Meeting Minutes for 2008-02-01

Emmet Hikory emmet.hikory at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 23:10:12 GMT 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 5:19 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Monday 04 February 2008 10:35, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> > I don't think there's anything wrong with having a MOTU Release Team,
> > here's what I think such a team might deal with:
> >
> >  - Freeze decisions (UVF, Final Freeze, NEW packages, etc)
> >  - Planning of transitions
> >  - Liaison with the QA team in regards of getting people involved in
> > fixing certain kinds of bugs
> >  - Liaise with Release Team (ubuntu-release)
> >  - Setting Release 'Goals'
> >
> > You see what I mean: the agenda spans not only the last eleven weeks of
> > the release but much more than that. In addition to approving all kinds
> > of requests, there'd be more general planning and talking to others
> > involved.
>
> Given that this is motu-release for Hardy, the last 11 weeks is pretty much
> all it CAN cover at this point.  I think this is a good list for Hardy +1
> planning that we ought to pick up (maybe have a motu-release for Hardy +1
> appointed before the next UDS).

    While I agree entirely that motu-release should have a larger role
than handling freeze exceptions, I'm inclined to agree with Scott that
for hardy, this team is best positioned to handle the necessary
approvals to meet the release goals.

    Discussion should continue about what is expected from a MOTU
Release team, and interested parties should be involved for hardy+1
starting much earlier.  pre-summit would be good, but even pre-DIF
would be acceptable, assuming that interested parties had already been
preparing their agendas.

--
Emmet HIKORY