dvd-slideshow (Ubuntu repository)

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Fri Apr 18 10:22:46 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 15:16 -0500, Benjamin Podoll wrote:
> Is there a reason "dvd-slideshow" is fairly old in the Ubuntu repository?
>
> It seems 0.8.0-1 is out (and there are .deb packages)
> http://dvd-slideshow.sourceforge.net/wiki/Main_Page

Hi,

One of the reasons is that this package comes from debian-multimedia,
rather than Debian itself. It appears that our tools do not track when
there are updates available from that source, so it won't have been
obvious when an update was needed.

It's a little late in the release cycle to do the update now, as the
release is in less than one week.

If you would like to do this in the future you could take care of
the package and do the updates. If you don't feel comfortable with
that then you could subscribe to the bug mail for the package to keep
an eye on it, and file a bug when there is an update available, and
then find someone to do the update.

Thanks,

James