NEW Packages process

Michael Bienia michael at vorlon.ping.de
Thu Apr 17 21:42:45 BST 2008

On 2008-04-18 01:48:20 +1000, Sarah Hobbs wrote:
> I can see a whole lot of people submitting checkinstalled binaries, and
> then dh-make template packages as a "source", as an afterthought.  Even
> checkinstalled packages built "somewhere".  That's not so helpful.

I assume the idea is to upload binary+source and not a seperate upload
for binary and a seperate upload for source. Those people who want to
upload a checkinstalled binary and a dh-make templated source would need
to know how to build a *_i386.changes file for such uploads. And I hope
such people would use their knowledge to build a proper package than
doing such things.

Michael