NEW Packages process

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Wed Apr 16 14:39:02 BST 2008

Moins,

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:28:30 +0200
Reinhard Tartler <siretart at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Cesare Tirabassi <norsetto at ubuntu.com> writes:
> > I thought that was the norm ...
>
> I agree that this is a very good idea, but I don't rememer if or when
> we did make that a requirement.

It's not...because there is no automatism for this.
Regarding LP, we could honour XSBC-Original-Maintainer from debian
control, because NEW packages for universe should be:

Maintainer: Ubuntu MOTU
XSBC-Original-Maintainer: <the packager>

With this, we could automatically push <the packager> as bug contact.
Additionally we could have a Origin header or something similar where
we can filter for in LP.

Well, regarding the non-direct-maintainership in Ubuntu, i don't think
there is really a sane way of achieving those goals, or we move from
team maintaining to single package maintainer methods, for packages
uploaded to Ubuntu and not coming from debian..

which then brings us to another problem...

Bah,

\sh