packaging xca

Mark D. Foster mark at foster.cc
Fri Sep 28 06:59:02 BST 2007

Hi I'm new here. I've build RPMS and freebsd ports before, but not so
with debian.
Trying to understand what is going wrong in trying to package xca
(http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/xca) 0.6.4 I am following the
guides. Created the debian subfolder and relevant files (changelog,
control, rules, etc) below.

Yet I'm getting this error...
mdf at monk:~/proj/xca/xca-0.6.4$ dpkg-buildpackage -S -rfakeroot
parsechangelog/debian: error: unrecognised line, at file
debian/changelog line 3
dpkg-buildpackage: unable to determine source package is

Contents of debian/changelog:
xca (0.6.4-1) unstable; urgency=low

 * Initial Release.

-- Mark Foster <mark at foster.cc>  Thu, 27 Sep 2007 22:45:42 -0700

--
Said one park ranger, 'There is considerable overlap between the
 intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists.'