Tor Packages

Stefan Potyra sistpoty at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 27 19:43:20 BST 2007

Hi,

Am Donnerstag 27 September 2007 17:18:12 schrieb Benj. Mako Hill:
> I've been asked by Tor developers if it would be possible to remove the
> tor package (which is in universe) from future Ubuntu releases. The
> software can (and should?) stay in the repository and in development
> versions but should [not] be released.

That's not (yet?) possible. If tor will be removed from gutsy (or a future
development version), it's out until it's manually allowed back in. (Which I
guess would be cumbersome to do for each development version, since I guess
if we allow such treatment for one package, more will follow).

OTOH, if it weren't removed from gutsy until release, it will get released
(and could then only be removed for a very good reason, like killing an
absolutely amazingly and unbelievable large number of kittens).

Cheers,
   Stefan.