Ubuntu FAI team created

Reinhard Tartler siretart at ubuntu.com
Sat Sep 15 10:46:28 BST 2007

Hello dear FAI Fans,

since there was some interest in forming a team for maintaining fai in
ubuntu and I don't have the resources to do it myself alone, I've now
created a team in http://launchpad.net. The team homepage is at [1].

The main motivation for the team is to have an apt repository, which is
autobuilt for amd64+i386, see [2]. Every member of the team [3] is able
to upload packages there.

Other tasks include providing fai backports for earlier versions of
ubuntu, like I've done for dapper and feisty. We also receive bug
reports [4], which need to be triaged and forwarded to Thomas.  In the
midterm, I'd like to have the install examples more tested, and ideally
more actually working example classes for ubuntu and its variants
kubuntu, xubuntu, mythubuntu, etc.  It would be awesome if we had a
FAI-CD for each of these variants.  You see, there are enough ideas to
implement ;)

For best support, we should direct ubuntu users to the fai mailing list.
However, since the general advice for bugreporting in ubuntu is
launchpad, we need this team to actively forward bugs.

If you are interested in working in such a team, please consider joining
the team at https://launchpad.net/~fai/+join.  After you have done so,
please write me a small email what you've already done with fai, and
what your plans in the team are.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~fai
[2] https://launchpad.net/~fai/+archive
[3] https://launchpad.net/~fai/+members