RFC: revuput of ubuntu-dev-tools package
daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 13 14:54:27 BST 2007
Am Freitag, den 07.09.2007, 17:23 +0200 schrieb Daniel Holbach:
> revuput is designed to be a tool to upload packages to PPA, file
> sponsoring bugs (if told to) and follow up on bugs in (LP: #...) headers
> else. It will also set the right status of the bug and subscribe the
> right people.
I just wanted to let you know that with version 0.8 of ubuntu-dev-tools,
it was renamed to ppaput to avoid confusion. Please try it out, let me
know what you think, file bug reports.
ppaput -n my-ppa -sa
* file a new bug about the package (-n), add a (LP: #<newbug>) to
* build a source package with 'debuild -S -sa'
* upload to 'my-ppa'
* subscribe the right people to the bug, let them know about the
location of the .dsc file to run a quick dget -x on it
ppaput my-ppa -v0.5ubuntu3
* build a source package with 'debuild -S -v0.5ubuntu3'
* upload to my-ppa
* check if there's a Launchpad-Bugs-Fixed line in the changes file
and if so ...
* follow up on the bug report
* subscribe the right people to it
* tag it 'needs-packaging' if it's a completely new package
It should adhere to http://wiki.ubuntu.com/SponsorshipProcess and all
bugs turn up on http://daniel.holba.ch/bugs once they are processed.
Be sure to follow all the steps on
We need testers to iron out the most important bugs. I hope this will
prove useful to you.
Have a nice day,
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Dies ist ein digital signierter Nachrichtenteil
Url : https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/attachments/20070913/85a21d15/attachment.pgp
More information about the Ubuntu-motu