KDE'n'Live on Ubuntu 7.10

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 13 11:23:08 BST 2007

Hello Marcelo (hope I got that right),

Am Sonntag, den 26.08.2007, 20:59 -0300 schrieb m:
> For me, the Kdenive is the best video editor,
> on Ubuntu 7.04 I installed it well from "deb
> http://download.tuxfamily.org/3v1deb feisty 3v1n0",
> but it don't work in Gusty !
> if possible, please, add kdenlive in Multi or Universe.

The process for adding packages to Ubuntu is fairly straightforward.
File a bug, tag it as needs-packaging and follow up where the source
package can be found (not the .deb, but the .diff.gz .dsc
and .orig.tar.gz)

Or use http://wiki.ubuntu.com/REVU to upload the source package there.

After a few iterations of improvements we can get it included in Ubuntu.
Right now we're in a couple of freezes, so I'd say it's more probable
for it to get into Hardy than into Gutsy.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel