clamav package in Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Dapper Drake is incompatible with the latest virus database

Jeremy Schoenhaar jeremy at fam-schoenhaar.de
Fri Sep 7 19:45:33 BST 2007

Am Freitag, den 07.09.2007, 01:53 -0400 schrieb Scott Kitterman:
> On Friday 07 September 2007 01:42, Jeremy Schoenhaar wrote:

> > > This is correct.  Unfortunately the interface between clamav and the
> > > programs it integrates with changed in the current version and that makes
> > > the current clamav incompatible with many packages in Dapper.  We are
> > > working through testing upgrades for clamav and the associated package,
> > > but this is a complex process that will take a while.
> > >
> > > Scott K
> >
> >  I know this probably isn't recemmend, but I got the Gutsy package to
> > work on a Dapper server, by installing from the Gutsy repos. I could not
> > get a package to build, but the gutsy package is installable and usable.
> > So far I haven't had any problems with it, and there are no more
> > error/warning messages in my logs.
> >
> > Jeremy
>
> What packages are you using it with?  Some work fine.  Some appear to work
> fine, but just won't ever notice a virus being found.
>
> Scott K

Hi Scott,

  I'll check exactly what packages are used together there as soon as I
get a connection to that (testing)server. I can tell you though that I
installed in the following procedure:
1:) sed -i 's/dapper/gutsy/s' /etc/apt/sources.list

2:) apt-get update

3:) apt-get install clamav clamav-freshclam clamav-daemon php5-clamavlib
(or similar, there was an apt-cache search in there somewhere)

It did find the eicar test virus I uploaded to it, but that doesn't
suprise me much. I haven't gotten a chance to test it much more though.

Jeremy