clamav package in Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Dapper Drake is incompatible with the latest virus database

Meel Me meel2007 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 20:59:56 BST 2007

Hello,

Is it correct that you are the maintainer of the Ubuntu package "clamav"?

The clamav package in Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Dapper Drake is incompatible with the latest virus database. When I try to scan my system I get the following error message:
This version of the ClamAV engine is outdated.
Read http://www.clamav.net/faq.html

Therefore I cannot scan my system for viruses.

Can you please update the clamav package for Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Dapper Drake so it is compatible with the latest virus database agian?

Thank you,

Snam