PPA and packaging 101

Mario Limonciello superm1 at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 6 01:39:27 BST 2007

Jordan,

As I mentioned in #ubuntu-motu, I've been using the PPA service for some
time now for the mythbuntu builds.  I'll be glad to help with this
PPA/packaging 101.   After a few more people respond, propose a few times on
W & R, and we can see what would be good.

Regards,

Mario Limonciello

On 9/5/07, Jordan Mantha <mantha at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> It seems to me like there is quite a number of people wanting to use
> PPAs and during today's Launchpad Users meeting (the short time I was
> there) there were quite a few questions/problems when it came to PPAs.
> I would like to propose a joint MOTU/Launchpad IRC session where
> people can lean the basics of packaging that they will need for using
> PPAs and the specifics of using a PPA. Does this sound interesting?
>
> I would like to have at least cprov and a couple of MOTUs to be
> leading the session. Any volunteers? When is a good time for people? I
> think cprov is currently on vacation so I'm thinking next week, maybe
> Wednesday or Thursday (if cprov is back that is).
>
> It would probably be nice to do one of these a couple times a release.
> It's beneficial for the Launchpad folks as the MOTU have lots of
> packaging knowledge and it's good for the MOTUs as they might snag
> some new contributors ;-)
>
> Criticisms/Suggestions/Volunteers?
>
> -Jordan

Mario Limonciello